Saturday, August 5, 2006

Project Runway 3 - Episode 4

So this past Wednesday was the big reveal of the season. Which contestant was going to be kicked of the show? And, of course, it was Keith. Most people speculated that he would be kicked off the show, but not for the reasons that were stated. First, blogs and websites ousted him as a copycat when the portfolio he used for the casting special were stills from photographs for other designers. Keith denied these claims, naturally.

When the show started and it focused heavily on Keith, I felt a conspiracy of ravens signaling his doom. People were talking about how arrogant he was the praised he received for his basic designs. I thought he would get kicked off the show after receiving a major discount at Mood for his fabrics…


…but no, that was fine. It all started when Kayne mentioned that saw fashion books underneath Keith’s bed.


These items, according the contracts that they signed, is prohibited because it could give contestants an unfair advantage. Kayne told the producers, the producers talked to Tim Gunn, and Tim arrived at the apartment to informed Keith that he would be going home because of this major infraction. If you listen to Tim’s Project Runway podcast, he mentioned that designers were given two verbal warnings regarding contraband and no one stepped forward. Also, Keith was sneaking off without telling the producers and he used the Internet at some point during the competition.

When he was told to leave he took it well in the beginning, then he became a douche. I hate it when people do something that they were told not to do, and when they get caught they try to play the victim. I think Laura said it best:

“Keith … what an a**hole. I am glad to see him gone.”

Episode 4 – Reap What You Sew

The contestants were asked to make three pieces for Macy’s private label International Concepts (INC). I did not have a favorite.

Winner: Angela (along with Laura and Michael), Auf'd: Bonnie

I don’t freaking believe that Angela won this challenge. I think this was due to her having Laura and Michael on her team to help witht he design. Without them keeping her from putting rosettes on everything, her outfit would have been a travesty.

I am amazed that the designer's sketches ... save Angela.

[top to bottom: Laura, Bonnie, Robert, Michael]

I wish I could sketch like that. I can barely make stick figures; maybe that is why I abandoned my career as a designer ... and the fact that I can bearly dress myself with store purchased clothes.

Next week the contestants will be modernizing a look for a fashion icon. So my guess is that the designers will be taking stills of fashionable women and updating the look.

We will see on Wednesday!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Project Runway 3 - Episode 4"

 

You got something to add?