Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Doings

Yesterday, I started the day with tennis with a group of friends. We played for about 3 hours before heading to lunch at Panera Bread where I recounted my meeting with Venus Williams and other happenings while in NYC.

After lunch, I went to the Apple store to get a Aiport Extreme because my old router died on me. I was in its last throws before I left for NYC, but I tried to get as much use from it before I bought a new one. I called my buddy because I wasn't sure if I should get the Airport Extreme or the Time Capsule. I got what I needed, and then waited for 10 minutes in the middle of the store looking around for a rep. to ring me up so I could go. The Apple store no longer has a table to purchase you items -- the reps now carry wi-fi device for purchases ... FYI. I got my new router home, hooked it up and I was up and running again in about 10 minutes. I need to configured some other things, but I got my Internet/network connection back up and running.

I left the house and headed my friend FM's place for an impromptu pool party. I found my UB swim trunks and packed my other things needed and left the house. I arrived at FM's place only to get a text message while still in the parking lot saying that things has been canceled. I called him and he explained to me what happened and told me to come up to his place. We chatted for a bit and made our way to the pool. He got in and I chilled on the edge with my legs in the water because the weather was cooler because the pool was covered by shade. We talked about a lot of things and got caught up on each others lives. A guy come out to the pool area wearing a tiny, sheer bathing suit ... it was not a pretty sight. Some of FM's friends from the complex came to the pool area and we began talking. FM wants me to consider buying a condo in his area and his friend invited me in to his place that was recently remodeled to see how the place can been configured. It was very nice and it is something I might consider. We said goodbye and headed back to FM's place.

We got changed and heading to a restaurant, where FM's boyfriend restaurant is the manager, for dinner. The boyfriend forced plate after plate of food upon us and I ate until I couldn't eat anymore. FM and the boyfriend are adorable together. They were staring lovingly at each other the entire time at dinner. With our bellies full, we left a nice tip for the waiter (since he kept my glass of ice tea always full and the meal was gratis) and said goodbye to the boyfriend.

I got home around 10pm and I watched tennis until I fell asleep on the couch.

How was your Labor Day?

Labels:

Comments on "Labor Day Doings"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (September 2, 2008 at 10:36:00 PM CDT) : 

My LaboUr Day weekend was pretty good - the weather here in Toronto was perfect, and I got out all three days with friends - rollerblading, hiking, and to a pool party (like you, I didn't swim - unlike you, it was for aesthetic reasons..) So a pretty good weekend ..

 

You got something to add?