Thursday, September 4, 2008

Subway Stranger


Friend: "Look over there."
Me (turning head): "Yeah, I saw him."
F: "Since you like Puerto Rican guys, I thought I would point him out."
M: "I do, but he's not Puerto Rican."
F: "Really, how can you tell?"
M: "He is wearing a Star of David necklace."

I was on the 7 train going to the US Open when I noticed this guy sitting across from me. He would look at me and smile a little before looking away. I would do the same and this game continued until we reach our destination (Flushing Meadow, NY). When the train stopped, he looked at me as though he want to say something to me, but he turned away instead. My friend suggested that I go after him but that it was best that I didn't. He disappeared in a sea of tennis enthusiasts never to be seen again.

In hindsight, he could have been Puerto Rican and Jewish. But I guess we will never know.

Labels:

Comments on "Subway Stranger"

 

You got something to add?