Monday, November 10, 2008

Tennis Tournament: Houston, TX



Day 1

I had four matches on this day. The weather was perfect, but the courts were not. The area where we played received a lot of damages from Hurricane Ike, and it was a bit depressing. But it was soon match time and I had to blocked all this out.

Match 1 (singles): Won. 6-1, 6-4.
Match 2 (singles): Won. 7-6(8), 6-1.
Match 3 (doubles): Won. 6-3, 6-3.
Match 4 (doubles): Won. 6-1, 2-6, 6-1.

Day 2

Match 5 (singles): Won. 6-0, 6-3.

I beat my nemesis during this match. He last beat me a few months ago so I had to return the favor. My game clicked during this match and I made very few mistakes. My opponent ended up injuring himself during the second set but it was at the point where the match was pretty much over.

Match 6 (semi-final singles): Lost. 4-6, 3-6.

I lost my single's semi-final to a guy we was very aggressive at the net. Instead of being patience and try to hit balls over his head, I was trying to hit the ball through him ... which didn't work. He was a good player, so at least I lost to someone better than me.

Match 7 (semi-final doubles): Won. 7-6(2), 6-2.

We were up 4-1 in the first set and we ended up blowing the lead and ended up going to a tie-breaker. My doubles partner and I weren't not happy and decided to turn our game on .. and we never looked back.

Match 8 (final doubles): Won. 6-2, 6-2.

My doubles partner and I played against a friend from our tennis club and someone we know from Austin, TX, in the finals. We started very strong because we knew our opponents game and made them work for each point. The match was done in under a hour and gave each other a big bear-hug at the end.

Considering that I was thinking about not even going to Houston, TX, due to all of the recent events, I ended up playing some of my best tennis.

Other Stuff


Got these sneakers on sale at Finish Line. I saw then in Raliegh, NC, but decided not to get them. When I saw them in Houston, TX, ON SALE, I knew I had to buy them. And as it turned out, I had an outfit to wear that match perfectly.



Also, my favorite player, Venus Williams, won the WTA Championship in Doha, Qatar on the same day I won (with my partner).


Coincidence?

More on Venus in my next post ....

Labels:

Comments on "Tennis Tournament: Houston, TX"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (November 11, 2008 at 2:00:00 PM CST) : 

That's terrific! Congratulations!

 

You got something to add?