Friday, April 10, 2009

The Trouble with Tile


I have been mulling over whether or not to install my new backsplash glass tile in the kitchen of my new condo myself, or pay someone else to do it. I have been doing a lot of research, and I think I am going to put it up myself.

The average cost to install this by a contractor is $400, and the job is really small. It will only cost me about $100 in supplies, which I would have to supply the contractor with anyways, so why not do it myself?

It's pretty simple but the only hard put seems to be cutting the glass to go around outlets. I thinking of using a wet saw, but I decided to try to do it by hand with glass snippers. After work I am heading to Home Deport (or its equivalent) to pick up supplies and I will start the project tomorrow morning.

I will post photos of my progress ... if any.

Wish me luck!

Labels:

Comments on "The Trouble with Tile"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 21, 2009 at 9:19:00 AM CDT) : 

WOW your tile looks great! Where did you get it from for only $100?

 

Blogger Killervirgo said ... (June 22, 2009 at 12:52:00 PM CDT) : 

The supplies needed to install the tile cost about $100. The tile, in total, cost about $400 at Floor & Decor.

 

You got something to add?