Monday, October 5, 2009

Tennis Tournament: 10/2-10/3

This past week I participated in a USTA tournament, which was my first since April. I used it as a warm-up for my tennis groups annual tournament which starts this Saturday. I did pretty well and made it further than I thought.

Match 1
Won: 6-3, 6-1

This match I was down 0-3, and I finally got in a groove and won the next 6 games to take the first set. The second set I lost the first game, but won the next 6 games for the match. This guy was a lefty so it took me a bit of time to get use the lefty serve. I played a pretty clean match and only 2 double faults.

Match 2

Won: 7-5, 6-0

This was another iffy start to a match. I was down 1-4 at one point and fought back to get to 4-4. We both broke each others serve to get to 5-5, and I won the next 2 games for set ... then the next 6 games for the match. I finally realized that my opponent backhand was really weak and I began to attack it.

Match 3
Lost: 3-6, 4-6

I am not sure what happened in the match. There were a couple iffy line calls by my opponent, which ticked me off a bit so I wasn't focused on the first set. Another round of bad calls in the 2nd set ticked me off, I was down 0-2. I rallied to win the next 4 games. Other bad calls and bad play from me caused me to lose the next 4 games.

I am happy overall with how I played. I served well and I cut down the double faults I been typically committing over the past few weeks. I wanted to play against people with different types of games to prepare myself of unknown players. So I feel that I am ready to play in the tournament this weekend.

Labels:

Comments on "Tennis Tournament: 10/2-10/3"

 

Anonymous Emily said ... (November 26, 2009 at 9:45:00 PM CST) : 

tennis racket suppliers
tennis racket manufacturers

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 2, 2009 at 1:30:00 AM CST) : 

jerseys
cheap jerseys
Wholesale jerseys
soccer jerseys
nba jerseys
mlb jerseys


soccer jersey
Nba Jerseys
Mlb Jerseys



soccer jersey


shop by team jersey

 

You got something to add?