Monday, August 31, 2009

Michael Jackson: My Thoughts

Pretty sure that everyone in the world know about the passing of Michael Jackson. I decided not to post anything regarding his death because it seems as though you couldn't escape all of the news coverage. This past Saturday (August 29) was his birthday, and his if finally buried (?), I think I will share my thoughts and feelings.

I have been a long time fan of Michael Jackson, which feels like it has been all of my life. I remember watching the Motown 25 performance as a kid, and watching the premiers of the "Bad" and "Black or White" videos with my family. I was completely obsessed with Michael during the releases of his albums Bad and Dangerous. Watched every special, and taped every show that had him featured in it. At one point I wanted to look like Michael Jackson, that I put a clothes pin on my nose to emulate his ... which has left my nose with some permanent scars.

My fondest Michael Jackson related memory had to do with purchasing his "HIStory" album back in 1995. I bought it from Best Buy at the Carousel Mall in Syracuse, NY. I rode the bus an hour roundtrip to get to the mall for my CD and it was worth it. I remember putting the CD in my stereo and listening to the entire album three times with my headphones on while reading the CD booklet. I listened to the same CD I bought nearly 15 years ago, and it sounded different ... somehow.

His death has been ruled a homicide, and a movie using footage from his concert rehersal will be released in October ... so he will not be out of the headlines for quite some time. His is going to be like Elvis Presley, where be worth more in death than life.

Over time I hope he leaves a good legacy for his children.

RIP

This was my YouTube tribute to him:

Labels:

Comments on "Michael Jackson: My Thoughts"

 

You got something to add?