Thursday, May 28, 2009

Movies: Angels & Demons


This past Memorial Day, I decided to head to the local theater to watch Angels & Demons. Out of all of the Dan Brown's books, I like Angels & Demons the best and I didn't want to see it ruined because I absolutely HATED The Da Vinci Code.

The beauty of the book was that it allowed the readers to figure out the clues as the story advanced. The movie, I felt, treated the viewers as not intelligent enough to figure the clues out, so they were illuminated on the screen for all to see. It was not a wise choice, and I think Ron Howard realized this and Angels & Demons had none of that ... thank Jeebus.

Even though I read the book, I still found myself engrossed in the movie. I think I like this movies more because they brought David Keopp to help write the screenplay with Akiva Goldsman (the bastard who ruining the Batman franchise, along with Joel Schumacker, by writing Batman Forever and Batman & Robin). I am still not sold on Tom Hanks being Robert Langdon and would have preferred someone like Dennis Quaid or Jon Hamm ... but they had to put butts in the seats so they went and bankable International star.

I recommend the movie, but you don't have to have seen The Da Vinci Code to follow the movie because Angels & Demons chronologically happened first, so there aren't any plot points or references to the first movie.

Labels:

Comments on "Movies: Angels & Demons"

 

Blogger VIRGO said ... (June 7, 2009 at 12:19:00 PM CDT) : 

it was a fun movie!!

virgo oxoxo

 

Anonymous chi flat said ... (June 12, 2009 at 1:51:00 AM CDT) : 

chi flat irons sale,100% Quality Guarantee!
We guarantee we provide the chi hair straightener cheapest Chi flat irons, Chi Hair Straightener, chi hair tools Chi hair tools in the market and 100% Quality Guarantee.

 

Anonymous shes said ... (June 14, 2009 at 10:54:00 PM CDT) : 

As we know , we can find lots of jordan shoes fans ,lots

of cheap jordan shoes store have been open worldwide.

Wanna join us , just click air jordan shoes on line ,you

will find the most productive models. just grasp the opportunity,Now or never!

 

You got something to add?