Monday, May 25, 2009

Housewarming

This past Saturday I had my housewarming party. I wasn't sure if I would pull of the party because I never been a host for many people, but somehow I managed to pull it off ... but there were some missteps.

I got up at 9 and I began cleaning, and my goal was to have all that done by 1pm. At 1 I was complete and went to take out the trash, and I returned to my home only to realize my door was locked. Apparently, the lock on the door knob was locked and my keys were inside, along with my iPhone and wallet. I tried the side door, and it was also locked. I curse the gods and made it to the sales office and called a locksmith to let me in. It would have taken 30 minutes so I hung out for a bit before heading back to my place to wait for the locksmith. I went to the front door to wait, but I thought I would try the door. Typically, this door is always locked so I thought it was a lost cause. I pressed the door latch, and it opened, as if magically. I lost 40 minutes because I didn't open try the front door, and I had to call the locksmith and cancel the request. He was nice and didn't charge me, and I got back to work.

The party was scheduled for 5pm and at 5:05 people showed up. Soon this space:


filled with over 33 people. I gave tours of the house and tried to be a good host, and hopefully I was. Everyone was impressed with the glass tile backsplash...


...even more so when they found out I did it myself.

Everyone congregated in the living/dining/kitchen area, and even though it was perfect weather outside, only a few people gathered there.

Around 7pm we all made plans for dinner and ventured out the Gloria's for Salvadorian food. I got some gifts, which weren't necessary, but glady accepted them. :)

Since I am now an experienced host, I am thinking about having people over to watch the Wimbledon finals next month and serve Fish N' Chips and strawberries and cream. Or maybe not ... it is too exhausting to host. But new house is finally felt like a home since the party, so I guess the stress was worth it.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Housewarming"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (May 28, 2009 at 10:48:00 PM CDT) : 

congratulations! I'm glad it went well.

 

Anonymous straightener said ... (June 12, 2009 at 1:54:00 AM CDT) : 

The hostess apologized to her unexpected guest for serving an apple-pie without any cheese. The little boy of the family left the room quietly for a moment and returned with a piece of cheese which he laid on the guest's plate. The visitor smiled,chi flat irons put the cheese into his mouth and then said: "You must have better eyes than your mother, chi hair straightener sonny. Where did you find the cheese?" "In the rat-trap, sir," chi hair tools replied the boy.

 

Anonymous straightener said ... (June 12, 2009 at 2:01:00 AM CDT) : 

Ivan came home with a bloody nose and his mother asked, "What happened?" chi hair tools
"A kid bit me," replied Ivan.
"Would you recognize him if you saw him again?" asked his mother.
"I'd know him any where," said Ivan. "I have his ear in my pocket."

 

You got something to add?