Thursday, August 10, 2006

Project Runway 3 - Episode 5

Episode 5 - Iconic Statement

This week's challenge was to create to update and modernize and out that an fashion icon would have worn.

The icons: Cher, Pam Grier, Jackie O., Audrey Hepburn, Farrah Faucett, Madonna, Twiggy, Katherine Hepburn and Diana Ross. I won't going into all of the detail of which designer got which icon, you could go to the Project Runway website for that.

The twist: the models got to choose the designer that they wanted to work with.

2nd Fav: Angela (Audrey Hepburn), Winner: Michael (Pam Grier), Auf'd: Bradley (Cher)

Even though Michael's win was so telegraphed that I knew he was going to win within the first 3 minutes, I am was so happy that he won. Has been nearly non-existant through the first 4 episodes that it was about time that he shined. I hope he keeps bringing it because I want to see him in the finals. I think he will make it because, as much has it pains me to say, he will be the "token" designer in the final 3. Even though his designs were fantastic, I think that he will make it because he is a black male of indeterminate sexual orientation. He just needs to keep up his level of work up and he is golden.

Designer: Michael for Madonna

That the hell is this? ...seriously? How did Jeffrey make the cut with this design? I think Jeffrey will be the "token" trouble maker (a la Wendy Pepper & Santino) and he will make it into the final even thought his designs have been crap, for the most part.

Next week: the designer are going on a fieldtrip.

I sure hope that Tim won't be arriving in that stupid Saturn. They are really pimpin' him out, aren't they? Ah well, carry on!

Related websites:
Rod 2.0 - Make.It.Work.
Concrete Loop - Project Runway: Michael Knight

Labels: ,

Comments on "Project Runway 3 - Episode 5"

 

You got something to add?