Monday, August 27, 2007

US Open 2007: My Predictions

The US Open has begun, and it hard to determined who will come out the winners. But I have made my predictions:


Men's Winner: Roger Federer
Reason: I really think Roger has the tools to win another US Open title, but after the lose to Novak Djokovic at the Rogers Cup in Montreal, Quebec a few weeks ago, I am not sure if he is match fit. He won against James Blake in Cincinnati, OH but the only really competition he had was Llyeton Hewitt. I have my fingers crossed.


Women's Winner: Venus Williams
Reason: With a big serve and a powerful ground strokes, she is the the favorite to win on the fast hard courts of Flusing Meadows. Her only challenge will come in the Quarterfinals when she may meet up with Maria Sharapova.

I made a friendly wager regarding my predictions ... hopefully I will win. I got shoes to buy.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "US Open 2007: My Predictions"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (August 28, 2007 at 12:08:00 AM CDT) : 

a friendly wager is going to get you shoes? I thought they didn't involve money ...

 

You got something to add?