Thursday, June 19, 2008

Convalescing

Hey all!

It's been a really long time since I've posted a message on my blog. I have been battling a virus which wiped me of my energy and I have been out of work on a medical leave since 5/7/2008. I have been laying on my couch for 5 weeks trying to recuperate, and I am about 90% recovered. I will need another month or so for rest and exercise before I am back to 100 percent.

The most upsetting part of being out of commission for weeks is that I missed tennis tournaments in May and will not be able to participate in tournaments in June. I am looking to get back into things in July but I need to practice because I haven't touch my racket in 5 weeks. I played this past Sunday and I was winded during the 10 minutes warm-up. I had to take several breaks during the 1.5 hour session so I only player for about 40 minutes. It was good to be back on the court and hitting balls after being laid up for weeks -- but I have lost some of my game. I will be using June to regain my fitness and tennis form.

I am finally back at work, and it is good to be back. I like going to work because it gives me a sense of structure and it allows me to plan the rest of my day. And besides, you can only watch so much television before it because kind of boring. But, I was able to watch a number of things while being on my couch for weeks:

- The Simpsons (Seasons 16, 17, 18 ,19)
- American Dad (Seasons 2-3)
- The Secret Diary of a Call Girl (UK Version, but now being shown in the US on Showtime)
- Code Monkeys (Season 1)
- Australia's Next Top Model (Season 4, eps 1-7)
- French Open Live Coverage

So I had somethings to keep my occupied.

Things are getting back to normal so I should resume normal postings next week.

Did you miss me?

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Convalescing"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (June 20, 2008 at 8:42:00 PM CDT) : 

Damn straight we missed you! I'm so glad you're feeling better - and I'm looking forward to having you back on a regular basis - I've missed my fix. Welcome home!

 

Blogger Rodrick said ... (June 24, 2008 at 10:04:00 PM CDT) : 

If you're still on the couch may I suggest Ugly Betty. Vanessa Williams alone stills the show.

 

Blogger Killervirgo said ... (July 2, 2008 at 12:10:00 PM CDT) : 

rodrick: I am a fan of Ugly Betty and seen all of the episodes.

 

Blogger Rodrick said ... (July 2, 2008 at 2:53:00 PM CDT) : 

well you can catch up on 'nip/tuck' at hulu.com

 

You got something to add?