Thursday, July 17, 2008

Time For Something Different

I've decided to change my style a little bit. I love wearing polo shirts and either jeans or a pair shorts, but I think it is time to switch up my style a bit. I really want to start wearing button-down dress/casual shirts but it's difficult for me find shirts that fit properly.

I have broad shoulders/back, long arms and a small waist. If I find button-down shirts that fit my shoulders/back, the sleeves are too long and there is a ton of excess fabric to tuck into my pants. I think they only way to resolve this problem is to have my shirts altered to fit my proportions. I have about 10 button-down shirts I almost never wear because the fit is wrong and I would like to work them into my wardrobe. I am going to send one of my shirts to have it altered, and see if it really makes a difference. I may post before and after pics.

I am also thinking of getting some new jeans that are more form fitting to my body. My waist is 32" but I buy size 36" because I like them to be loose. As a result, there is about 3-5 inches of excess fabric around my thighs. They are really comfortable, but I think they make me look sloppy. I don't want to wear tight pants like Omarion but I want a more fitted look.

Maybe I have been watching too many fashion related television shows, but I think it is time to refine my look. I don't have to dress up for work so I think I have become lazy. So I think it is time to set up my clothing game and get some proper clothes.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Time For Something Different"

 

You got something to add?