Monday, September 8, 2008

10593 Days Ago...

... (including 8 days for leap years) I was born.

I made another year relatively unscathed. I always considered that 28 would by my scary age. Not for any reason in particular other than my gut reaction. I experienced a lot in my 28 year of life:

The Good
- I got to meet Venus Williams.
- I got to go to the US Open for the very first time.
- I won a bunch of tennis tournaments.
- I saw Kanye West this past May and it has replaced my previous (and only) concert memory of when I can MC Hammer live as a kid. I have tickets to see Janet Jackson in October (7 rows from the stage -- WooHoo!) and possibly going to see Madonna in November when she come to Houston, TX.

The Bad

- I somehow got Mono and I hope never to contract it again. WORST. EXPERIENCE. EVER!

The Ambivalent
- I was in a relationship in 2008 and it was both good and bad. But I feel that it was beneficial to me because I am (still) learning what I want in future in terms of dating. So ... ultimately it was more good than bad.

Thanks to all of those who sent me messages with birthday wishes. I appreciated them. Things are extremely busy at work and I can't wait to get out of here so I can go home and watch the US Open Men's Final.

I should have taken the day off.

Labels:

Comments on "10593 Days Ago..."

 

Blogger Paul said ... (September 8, 2008 at 12:54:00 PM CDT) : 

It sounds like a great year - and I promise, they only get better as you go along (I should know, right?) ... All the best! Happy Birthday and many happy returns of the day!

 

You got something to add?