Monday, December 1, 2008

Movies: Sycendoche, New Yorl; Noah's Arc: Jumping the Broom; Slumdog Millionaire

I saw a couple of movies over the past week, so I start off with the best and work my way down the worst.

Slumdog Millionaire


The movies about a young man's life and how he ends on the India version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." The questions from the show are answered from the flashbacks from his life as a boy. There some twists, but I will refrain from mentioning them. I highly recommend this movie.

Synecdoche, New York


I don't even know how to describe this movie because I only saw it once. To truly understand what was going on it has to be seen at least two times. Read Roger Ebert's review.

Noah's Arc: Jumping the Broom


I watched this badly acted show on Logo, and was wondering how they were going to take that and make a movie. To their credit, they took badly acted TV show and made an equally bad movie that borders on being camp. The plot is so unbelievably contrived that there is so much drama happening at one time, but it's able to be resolved by the end of the movie. It's one of those movies that you have to force yourself to divorce yourself from reality to enjoy. The best thing about the movie for me was sitting the plush couches. YMMV.

Labels:

Comments on "Movies: Sycendoche, New Yorl; Noah's Arc: Jumping the Broom; Slumdog Millionaire"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (December 3, 2008 at 6:36:00 PM CST) : 

I agree - Slumdog Millionaire was terrific ... you've got good taste!

 

You got something to add?