Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Feelings in Verse - Part II

Looking
Searching
For someone to tell you how great you look
Despite having someone that tells you this everyday

Analyzing
Obsessing
About the distorted view you have about yourself
Despite having someone that tell you who you really are

Flirting
Conspiring
With people from the seedy side of the Information Superhighway
Despite connecting to the person next to you

When all is revealed
And immunity is given for the truth
You say nothing?
Despite having someone still wanting to be there for you

Silence and lies
Hurt
More than the truth
Despite having to learn the truth about yourself

Which will you choose?
Was this all worth your
Need to feel
Validated?

Labels:

Comments on "Feelings in Verse - Part II"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (June 24, 2008 at 6:54:00 PM CDT) : 

Thanks, Killervirgo - I thought both poems were interesting.

Knowing you are loved
By someone makes
Everything
In life
Easier

Funny how that should be true, and yet I always find a way to fuck it up.

 

Blogger Rodrick said ... (June 24, 2008 at 10:39:00 PM CDT) : 

man I wrote you the best email commenting on your poetry and some other odd ramblings and I lost it. That sucks!

 

Blogger Rodrick said ... (June 24, 2008 at 10:42:00 PM CDT) : 

p.s.

I grew up in Dallas, how do you like it?

 

Blogger Killervirgo said ... (June 25, 2008 at 1:34:00 PM CDT) : 

Thanks Paul and Roderick! It has been my idea to write more peotry/free verse things on my blog, but I never got around to it. I will do more of it because it helps express the things I need to say without being to formal. It is a stress reliever.

 

You got something to add?