Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Why Do People Lie?

If you have a thought or a possible reason on why people lie, leave a comment below. Forward this post to someone else, if you like. I want to pose this question to as many people as possible, because I really would like to hear what y'all have to say.

This question is a prequel of sorts to a post scheduled for this Thursday. It's all about how lies can kill a relationship ... also, someone just told me a bare-faced lie to me about 10 minutes in an email.

Stay tuned, and leave a comment!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Why Do People Lie?"

 

Blogger The Boots and Bangs Club said ... (July 1, 2008 at 6:26:00 PM CDT) : 

You lie because it's easier, because sometimes the truth isn't necessary, because sometimes the truth is only going to make you feel better, and because sometimes you just fuck up and really don't intend to ever do it again.

 

Blogger Killervirgo said ... (July 1, 2008 at 9:48:00 PM CDT) : 

Boots and bangs: If you lie and the person you lied to finds out, should you lie to cover up the first lie? Would it just be easier to give the truth and admit that you messed up? It saves time.

 

Blogger Paul said ... (July 2, 2008 at 9:57:00 AM CDT) : 

Depends what you are lying about: if you are lying about WHY you did something, it is usually because you are lying to yourself too: "I'm not that kind of person, I'm not the drama queen that would make me seem - therefore I must have been thinking this different thing". For example: I'm only helping that extremely good looking young guy because he needs an education, (which after all may be true ... maybe).

But then, I'm in the closet, isn't my whole life a lie?

 

You got something to add?