Friday, January 16, 2009

Hot Soup For A Cold Day

As the temperature decreases, the need for me to make soup increases. So I decided to make a pot of bacon lentil soup. I think technically it is a stew, but it is still delicious despite the semantics.

Look at that color:


What's better than bacon?:


The end result:

It look kind of gross, but it tastes so good. Someone I dated years ago made this soup for me on day. After we broke up, I emailed him a couple of years later for the recipe. Is that odd? Or does that tell you the deliciousness of the soup/stew? He told me the name of the cookbook, "Soup Bible: Superb Ways with a Classic Dish", and that was the end of that. I am flipping through the cookbook and deciding what my next shall be. Too many choices, but they all look delicious.

Stay warm!

Labels:

Comments on "Hot Soup For A Cold Day"

 

You got something to add?