Thursday, June 28, 2007

Television: House


Last night, I finished the entire first season of House on DVD. This show has been in my Netflix queue for a couple of months and I finally made time to watch the show.

I remember being asked if I watched this show my by best-friend's mother in 2004. When I told her that I wasn't a viewer, she was adamant that I watch the show because their entire family was hooked on it. I wasn't really interested in watching, so I didn't ... until this past February when I happened to catch an episode while flipping through the channels. One episode lead to three, and I was now hooked.

The show to me seems to be a mix of ER, CSI, and Scrubs. It's dramatic with scenes of doctors trying to save the lives of patients; it's investigative when diagnosing illness with splashy 3-D effects; and it is humorous. I think the humor of the show is the key component that makes it work. Without it, it was just be another doctor show.

If you have seen it the show, I you must rent it. The show is so good that I have already added a season pass on my TiVo.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Television: House"

 

You got something to add?