Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekend Full of Tennis

I had a tennis tournament in Richardson, Texas, which lasted from this past Friday and ended Sunday. My first round match I had to play someone I know from my tennis club. For some reason I was nervous about playing him, even though I am undefeated against him. I ended up beating him 6-0, 6-1. After that, I began to calm down and was more relaxed in my other rounds. I ended up winning the tournament.


I should have won the tournament considering that it was in Richardson and tennis courts were on Syracuse drive. I mean, really. It was like I ordained to win this tournament. My final round I won 6-4, 6-3. It was so humid outside that you could wring sweat from my dri-fit shirt. But in the end I pulled out another win.

I have another tournament coming weekend and I decided to play a level higher. Mostly because I have some friends how are playing in the same tournament who are in the same level as I am, but I don't want to play them because I can definitely beat them and I want them to get far in the tournament. I've been criticized by people saying I should play in a higher level, but it comes from those I've beaten. So I am not sure how to process their suggestion. I have been beaten in two tournament so far this year, so I am not beating everyone, which suggests that I am in the correct division.

Sour grapes, maybe? I don't know ... moving on.

This past weekend were the French Open Finals.


As I predicted, Justine Henin won the Women's final against Ana Ivanovic. The match could have been good if Ana didn't get nervous. But it ended up being a total bore.


And, sadly, Rafael Nadal beat my boyfriend Roger Federer for the second straight French Open final. It looked like he was on the verge of tears because this was the third year that Nadal denied him his place in tennis history.


Don't fret, Roger, there is always next year. Focus on winning your 5th Wimbledon title.

Rafael Nadal, Gustavo Kuerten, Roger Federer

It was good to see Gustavo Kuerten at the tournament. He has been plagued with hip problems for a couple of years so ranking has fallen. I hope to see him back in action soon.


GUGA!!!!


Edited: Take a look at this frisky woman touching Nadal's butt after the French Open


By the pimp hand her husband is displaying, he wasn't happy about her copping a feel.

[photo credits: Yahoo! Sports, AFP, Getty Images]

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Weekend Full of Tennis"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (June 12, 2007 at 10:20:00 AM CDT) : 

Congratulations - wow, another tournament! As to moving up a level: don't worry about other people, if you feel like it (and think it will help your game) go for it. If your game will improve more staying where you are, or you just enjoy it more - stay. Do you have space for all those trophies?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 20, 2007 at 4:04:00 PM CDT) : 

How many trophies have you won so far? Are you improving as much as you could if you played up? From your January 24, 2007 entry, it sounds like you're ready to move up.

 

Blogger Killervirgo said ... (June 20, 2007 at 4:19:00 PM CDT) : 

I received 3 trophies in 2007 (6 in total), but only two from USTA tournaments.

The competition is a bit tougher in USTA tournaments but the turnout is hit or miss, so I can't really gauge my ability. One of the USTA tournaments there were only 3 people and one of the guys I beat was a level below me.

 

You got something to add?