Monday, May 21, 2007

Respiratory

Ugh. I have been feeling like crap for the past couple of days.

It all started this past Wednesday when I felt a bit of a tickle in the back my throat. I reach for my stash of Ricola I have in my office drawer and hoped for the best. But, that wasn't enough. Thursday morning I felt about the same, but Thursday night I could not breathe because I was so congested. I managed to get about 5 hours a sleep before I had to be at work on at 6:45am Friday. Before work I made a detour at Wal-Mart to get some Kleenex and Theraflu to drink to help alleviate some of my symptoms. My sneezing, coughing and nose-blowing lasted throughout the day until I got off work at 7:45pm. I was trying to get better as fast as possible because I had a tennis tournament the next day.

Saturday morning, and I felt a lot better than the previous day and I thought I was on the mend. I played two rounds of my USTA tournament round-robin and I won the tournament.


Yay, for me!

I returned home with my trophy in hand feeling good about 2nd win this year. I hit the couch and I began to feel weak and had chills throughout my body. The Greek wanted to take me out to dinner but I knew that I wasn't going to be well enough to do that. I went to the bathroom and turned up the hot water in the shower to full blast to create my own personal steam room. It worked ... but a little too well as it caused the paint on the walls to bubble. 15 minutes steam and a shower and I was still feeling the chills. I got my comforter, a mini-trashcan, and a box of tissue and parked my self on the couch.

I ended up watching the last 7 episodes of Heroes and they were interesting (I am now all caught up to see the season finale airing tonight). I watched Saturday Night Live, hosted by Zach Braff before heading to be in a Nyquil induced coma.

Sunday I was feeling even worst. I skipped Sunday morning tennis because I was feeling so lousy and made my way back to the couch to see the Hamburg Masters Final on The Tennis Channel.


My Federer finally beat Nadal on Clay after two years and five tries. This should give him that extra boost of confidence for the French Open.

Around 3pm I realized that I to finish a project for work. I tried to do this remotely but someone changed the standard password for a couple training PC that needed to be configured. I drove hazily to work and finished the project in about 30 minutes. I was out of Nyquil so I made a stop at the Wal-Mart. Along with my Nyquil, I bought Vicks Vaporub and humidifier. I get to the self-check out station and scan my Nyquil only to receive a message stating that I needed customer assistance. Apparently, you now have to be 18 years of age to purchase a variety of cold products because people make a drug called Cheese from it. It has caused a number of deaths in the Dallas area (story).

I returned home, covered my chest with Vicks, and fired up humidifier. I finally started to feel better because the air was no longer dry. I've been meaning to get a humidifier for months now, like this one. But the $9 humidifier, which doesn't look as nice, did the trick.

Today I work from home most of the day before coming into the office around 2pm. The is A/C vent right above my cube and it is made me feel miserable. Luckily I was only in for a couple of hours, and I brought a hooded sweatshirt to keep me warm.

But enough about me. How was your weekend?

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Respiratory"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (May 21, 2007 at 8:39:00 PM CDT) : 

My weekend (a long one in Canada with the Victoria Day holiday) was good - biking and rollerblading along the lakeshore every day, and absolutely no chores around the house because I am lazy. All of my brother's stuff is stored here while his family has their floors redone, so my nephew was watching Simpson's DVD's you made for me. Yes, I still have them! No news from Buffalo yet. Glad to hear that you are feeling somewhat better - and congrats on the tournament - that's tremendous news. Now how often have YOU gone rollerblading - I know you own them.

 

Blogger Marius said ... (May 23, 2007 at 9:52:00 PM CDT) : 

Hm, I did laundry, cleaned my apartment, did some reading, and, of course, generated a list of my favorite Miss Universe beauty queens. Are you working on your list? :)

 

You got something to add?