Monday, April 30, 2007

Travel, Tunes and Tennis

Is the week over yet? This past week was extremely busy.

I had to go on a very short notice trip to San Antonio, TX for work. I was suppose to go this week but for a project, that has been nothing but problems, got bumped up to immediate priority and I had like 36 hours to prepare for the trip. I left this past Thursday at 6am and I got into San Antonio at 10am. It was a really good drive. There was hardly any traffic and I had my iPod full of music to keep me entertained.


I am totally obsessed with Amy Winehouse's Back to Black album. I listened to it at least 10 times during my trip. I've only seen Amy Winehouse in pictures and thought she was rock and/or pop singers. I was reading a blog post on Dallaspenn.com and he posted some songs from her latest album. I was shocked to heard a r&b/jazz/soul type voice coming out of this girl. I download the album and been listening to it for a couple of weeks now. When I get my Björk CD next week, I will have to purchase Back to Black as well.

This past Saturday, I was in a tennis tournament at a country club in North Dallas area. I won my quarter final round, but lost in the semifinals to the number 2 seed in my division. I wasn't sure joining the tournament because it was being held at a location frequently visited by a guy I used to date name Michael. I haven't seen or heard from him since the last tournament because, basically, I didn't want to. I thought if I saw during the tournament I would be with my group of people and I would be able to brush him off. But this didn't happen. During the middle of first round match he placed on the court right next to me. I was not happy about that because they guy I was trying to avoid was now in my eye line and I couldn't avoid him. By tried my hardest to do so.

He continuously stared at me during my match, but I refused to make any eye contact thereby avoiding making any kind of connection with him. I did take a few glances at him while he played and, I must admit, he looked good. The long curly hair was much shorter, and he lost about 15-20 pounds. If I were a masochist I would totally tried to make something happen between us ... but I am not, so I didn't. But he looked really good. Is there something wrong with me for saying that? I think if I find a guy I am attracted to, I will always be attracted to them for some biological reason. Or maybe I am just attracted to the wrong people?

I wonder if I could be the problem?

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Travel, Tunes and Tennis"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (May 1, 2007 at 2:48:00 PM CDT) : 

Congrats on the tennis tournament - and the trip to San Antonio - glad you didn't run into any 'gators on the road there! I have no advice on exes.

 

You got something to add?