Friday, March 30, 2007

Kids These Days

I was talking to my mother yesterday, and she informed me of the goings on of my nieces and nephews back in New York and Florida. My nephew in NY is 14 years-old and his quite the handful.

A couple of months ago my mother told me that my nephew stole his mother's car at about 2am during the major winter storm in Syracuse. Due to all the ice and snow on the ground he lost control of the car and crashed into a snow bank, went airborne, and landed in a ditch. He denied his involvement for a couple of days before admitting guilt. Needless to say that was put on punishment for a very long time.

Last week, it happened again. He took the keys to his mother's rental car and went for a drive. Now is mom had put him out of the house and he is now living with his dad (my brother).

This is just shocking ... but not really. His mom is not a very nice person, and she has treated my nephew poorly. I will always remember the time where I went to give him a hug and he flinch as though I was going to strike him. At this time he was about 5 or 6 years-old. I told me my mom and there was nothing done. Now I think he is acting out because all of the abuse he has suffered.

It is weird -- mostly because my nephew was spoiled rotten and everything he could ever want. I think he is crying out for help and is trying to get away from his mom. He is now going to be staying with his dad, which is good, but I think he need some further help. I will have to give him a call this weekend and see what's what.

My 14 year-old niece in Florida did something so bad, that I am surprised that she is still alive. But she is still living and breathing, for now.

And that's all I am going to say about that.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Kids These Days"

 

You got something to add?