Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Today Show Experiment?

I usually watch the Today Show every morning, but I haven't watched in a couple of days. I was watching this morning and I noticed something a bit different:


Do you see it?

I couldn't figure out what was different about the show, but I know something had changed. I played an old Today Show episode from 9/26/2006 on my TiVo -- which had an interview and performance by Janet Jackson -- and I realized what was different:


The time icon moved from the right to the left side of the screen. It is not a big change but if you watch the show often, as I do, it was a bit jarring. I am not sure if this a permanent change or just an experiment, but I really hope they revert the time back to the original position.

I hate when shows I like start to tinker with their format. With that said, I am glad Katie Couric is no longer on the Today Show. I have an irrational hate for this woman for some reason. I like Al Roker (pre/post weight-loss), Matt Lauer (pre/post bad haircut), and especially Ann Curry (short/medium/long hair).


Ann Curry is incredible beautiful, and I can't believe she is 50! But, unfortunately, she can't read the teleprompter to save her life. It was a good thing she wasn't made an anchor alongside Matt. It would have been painful for viewing public to watch.

Labels: ,

Comments on "The Today Show Experiment?"

 

Blogger Marius said ... (March 28, 2007 at 1:58:00 PM CST) : 

I actually like Katie, but I can see why she annoys people. And you are absolutely right about Ann Curry—she looks great (and she’s a smart cookie; what a combo)!

 

You got something to add?