Monday, March 19, 2007

Movies: Premonition


When I saw the trailer, I had a premonition that the movie would suck ... and I was right.

The Greek and I went this past Friday, and I was actually had high hopes for the movie. Too bad the trailer showed me everything interesting about the film and for most of the film I was commenting how pretty Sandra Bullock looked. Seriously. Her bone structure is amazing. But her looks didn't distract me enough to overlook how contrived and convoluted the plot of the movie was.

My major issue is the lack of continuity with the time-space shifts.

[****SPOILER ALERT****]

How time shifts in the movie:

Thursday(husband dies), Monday(husband alive), Saturday(husband's funeral and older daughter has scars on face), Tuesday(husband alive and daughter goes through glass window requiring stitches)...

By my logic the daughter should have scars on face the day the dad dies but she doesn't for some reason. Possible parallel universe?

Sandra Bullock's character listens to a message on the answer left by her husband apologizing for something but is interrupted by another call. The person on the other line ... Sandra Bullock. So there are two Sandras existing at the same time? How can the husband call between parallel universes? His cellphone bills must be high as hell.

This movie doesn't make any sense logically. I tried to like this movie but my brain still hurts with all the inconsistencies. Rent The Lake House, also starring Sandra Bullock, which uses a time-space shift as the plot device but it does it far better.

It is probably a good rental on DVD, but don't waste your money seeing this in the theater.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Movies: Premonition"

 

You got something to add?