Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Heroes, Schmeroes ...

I have been patient with Heroes when return this past January. But after last night's episode, I am officially over this show.

Why did the death of Simone so hyped up when she is not a major character? I don't believe she is really dead for a couple of reasons:
  1. She is in Peter's dreams when blows up NYC. But "the junkie who paints the future" (I can't think of his name right now) was dead before the explosion but he was also in the Peter's dream.
  2. We know that Peter can absorb people's powers, so I think it is quite possible that he will bend space/time to save Simone.
Even with all of the new developments -- Peter is getting control his powers, Claire confronts her adopted father, etc... -- the show is so very boring. There are long stretches of time where nothing really happens. Like Mohinder and Sylar going to find other people with abilities, because it was clear that Sylar was going to kill the new find.

Speaking of Mohinder ... how stupid is this guy? He meets someone once and he goes on a cross country trip with him? Is that his super power? Being overly trusting to complete stranger with super abilities?

Like I said before, this show would be much better if it was cut from 20+ episodes to about 10-13. There is too much going because there are so many characters.

I was still with the until shameless hocking of the Nissan Versa.

I mean ... come on. If you haven't seen the episode, let me briefly recap this scene. After a battle with "tall blonde showgirl" and "grizzled gambling commission officer" where they exchange heavy gunfire, Ando and Hiro come out of their hiding spot to find the their car and say [paraphrasing]:

"Look ... not a scratch on the Versa."

This made me mentally check out of the series. And it is a shame because this show had great potential.

Maybe will download the episodes or rent the DVDs when they become avaiable.

Am I the only person who feels this show jumped the shark too soon?

Labels:

Comments on "Heroes, Schmeroes ..."

 

Blogger Paul said ... (February 20, 2007 at 8:34:00 PM CST) : 

Can't tell you about the show, but I hope you are feeling better!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 21, 2007 at 10:18:00 AM CST) : 

I totally agree with you - Monday's episode did it for me too. I don't even know if watch it on DVD.

 

You got something to add?