Thursday, February 1, 2007

Weight Check: Midpoint


I am pleased to say that I am on course to reach my goal to lose 20 lbs. by March 9th.

[drumroll please]

So far, I have lost 13 lbs.

I started at 225 on January 1st, and I am a bit lighter.

Losing that weight was pretty actually pretty easy. I haven't had beef in over a month, I've only eaten out twice this month, added 45 - 60 minutes of cardio 4x a week, and cleaned my diet. It's not that hard, really.

A typical day of meals:
  • 7:30am (breakfast) - 3 eggs (2 whites and 1 whole egg), toast w/ jam, orange juice
  • 10:30am (snack 1)- fruit and granola bar
  • 1:00pm (lunch) - sandwich, chips or soup
  • 4:30pm (snack 2) - nuts or wheat thins, and fruit
  • 8ish (dinner) - meat, brown rice and vegetables or pasta or salad
I try to eat something at every 3 hours so I can speed up my metabolism and so that I don't get hungry. I will not have any "diet" foods. They don't taste good, and the usually have more sugar than normal food. Water, water, water ... water is the key. I drink at least a gallon and more when I play tennis.

I've been doing a lot of cardio this past month, but this month I will be adding weights to my program. I am looking to gain some lean muscle I lost since I have lifted in about 4 years. But it's going to be at least 3 months before I see any real results.

When I reach my good I will post some tasteful nude pics .... okay, I'm kidding. No one needs to see that.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Weight Check: Midpoint"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 6, 2007 at 11:27:00 AM CST) : 

Congrats on the loss!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 14, 2007 at 11:18:00 AM CST) : 

I applaud you! As a woman of similar physical stature who has also decided to start losing weight, I too have cleaned up my diet. The only difference between us is, I have started training for marathons (that I won't be running anytime soon--LOL), as a means of getting a good workout and boosting my metabolism. I feel a lot better! Do you? Keep posting updates! They are inspiring and encouraging.

Anew Rising

 

You got something to add?