Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tennis League Night: 1/30/07

Results: I won 6-4, 6-3

The match went on for 1.5 hours and it should have only been a 50 minute match. I had to dig myself out of 0-40 score on several occasions and that is never good.

The Good:
  • My second serve has gotten a lot better since I practiced it this past weekend. I am now able get different spins in addition to power.
  • My backhand has become really consistent.
The Bad:
  • My movement has not improved due to all of the doubles matches I've been playing. I really need to play more singles matches to improve my mobility.
The Ugly:
  • My forehand SUCKED!! This used to be my weapon but now it is very unreliable. I think it mostly has to do with me switching from a Western grip to a Semi-Western grip late last year. I am going to use a ball machine 2x a week in order to work out the kinks in my forehand. I think all have to do is hit a lot of balls to fix the problem.
I have 5 weeks until my tournament in Austin, so I have a lot of work to do.

Labels:

Comments on "Tennis League Night: 1/30/07"

 

You got something to add?