Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tennis League Night: 1/23/07

Match Results: I won 6-3, 6-1

I played like crap but still managed to get the win due to all the errors by my opponent. I have realized that either I am in the wrong division, or my opponents are. It is a 3.0 league, but I really think I should be in 3.5. My match yesterday took 50 minutes without providing me with any real challenge. This is not going to help me for my tournament in 6 weeks. I can't move up because the schedule has been made so I am basically stuck in a group that can offer any real opposition. I know after I write this I will end up losing next week.

Problems in my game:
  • Not keeping eyes on the ball.
  • Not following through on my ground strokes.
  • The timing of my serve is off. Will need (recorded?) practice session to iron out the kinks.
  • Mobility: I have been playing so much doubles that I don't know how to move when playing singles matches.
  • Focus: mentally when I am in a match I can't be aggressive as a result I become tentative and miss shots.
I will be doing to some drill sessions as well as using the ball machine to work on my ground strokes. I need to hit a lot of balls to regain my form.

Labels:

Comments on "Tennis League Night: 1/23/07"

 

Blogger Marius said ... (January 24, 2007 at 12:22:00 PM CST) : 

Congratulations! And please support Shilpa Shetty.

 

You got something to add?