Tuesday, January 9, 2007

2007 Goals

It seems like forever since I posted a message on my blog. I have been so busy working on my tennis groups website that I have been neglecting my own. The tennis site is up and running and I now I can devote more time to my blog. Let me start off by listing some goals I want to accomplish in 2007.

Goals:
  • Be more healthy
    • it seems like I am always obsessing about my weight, but I really to do something because I am close to regaining all the lbs I lost 6 years ago. I am back in the gym and changed my diet dramatically to clean out all the crap I have been eating. Really. I remember a couple of weeks ago I ate a gallon of ice cream in 3 days. No more of that!
    • 2008 Edit: I started off the year pretty well and lost about 15 lbs. but I slowly got back into my old habits and put 10 of those lbs back on. Also, once the tennis season kicks into high gear, I don't go to the gym. I need to get into the gym and put on some lean muscle.
  • Win another tennis tournament
    • I am trying to be more healthy for tennis because I plan on playing a lot this year. I have a tennis league starting next week and that is to help retool my game for a tennis tournament in March. I have four major tournament this year, including a tournament in San Diego, CA ... maybe. I have issues with flying, but I really should go.
    • 2008 Edit: I didn't make it to the San Deigo for tennis, but I did go there for vacation. The city is amazing and I would move the if it wasn't so darn expensive. I've won 3 USTA tournaments, and won a Doubles title.
  • Learn ORACLE
    • I have decided to take my IT career in the Database Administration path. Hopefully, this year I will be learning how to program to ORACLE and get my certification for a possible promotion.
    • 2008 Edit: Not sure I want to do this a career. Still weighing my options.
I am going to limit myself to 3 goals this year because they all will be time consuming. Hopefully I can meet my goals by the end of the year. I will post an update at the end of the year.

Labels:

Comments on "2007 Goals"

 

You got something to add?