Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Movies: Coffee Date

This past Saturday I decided head to a movie with Dr. Rx. I was invited out to dinner with some friend but it decided that I didn't want to be part of a big group. Also, I just wanted to hang out with Dr. Rx.

Coffee Date


I wasn't exactly sure what this was about, but some friends told me that it was a "cute" movie. It is about a straight guy who is setup as a joke by his brother with a gay guy. The straight guy didn't know that this was a joke and was excited to meet his date Kelly. Kelly, played by Wilson Cruz, meets Todd, played by Jonathan Bray, at a coffee shop while waiting for their dates to arrive. Oh, did I mention Todd is a bit homophobic? They find out they were actually there to meet each other and hilarity/tragedy ensues. They hit it off as friends and from that point that were the story takes a turn. I will leave out all the details because I don't want to spoil anything. The movie is actually pretty good, even though it borders on cliche, but it's worth seeing.

Dr. Rx and I had dinner before the movie where we talked and had a good time. I sort of had a ulterior motive when I asked to see a movie with him. I my favorite thing in the world to sit next to someone I am interested in and our knees touch. It makes me feel all warm inside. But my plans were foiled when we ran into someone we knew and felt obligated to sit next to him. I had to behave myself while in the theater. DAMN IT!!

Dreamgirls

I actually was offered free advance passes for yesterday's screening in Plano, TX but I had to work late. DAMN IT!!! I guess I will have to wait until Christmas Day. I will get a second chance for knee touching since Dr. Rx and I are going together.

... 5 more days to Dreamgirls.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Movies: Coffee Date"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 24, 2006 at 10:33:00 PM CST) : 

Merry Christmas Killervirgo!

 

You got something to add?