Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Little Snow Must Fall

View from an office window


Today started off great when I got out of work at 2pm because of the weather. I went to do some grocery shopping just in case the weather is worst tomorrow. I had to some supplies for tennis group's holiday party which in on Saturday. I am making chicken salad finger sandwiches, an angel food cake, dark chocolate syrup, and banana bread. I know it sounds like a lot, but I like to cook and I rarely get the chance to bake so I decided to go for it.

When I returned home I got my mail with my groceries in tow and I saw there was a letter from traffic court. Apparently, I missed a court date which I didn't know I had and I have until 12/5 before a warrant issue for my arrest. So ... I think I should get to traffic court tomorrow morning to get this settled.

After my accident I asked the State Trooper if there was anything I had to do, and he ignored my question. He never once mentioned that I had to attend a hearing regarding the accident. The ticket says that I received a warning, so why would I have to go to court? As I looked closer there was an appearance date on the very bottom of the "ticket" he gave me. Why wouldn't the Trooper tell me I had to go to court when I directly asked?

The courthouse opens tomorrow at 8am and I will be there at 7am in an effort to be first. I packed up all my documentation and made some notes so I can be clear and concise when I speak. I refuse to pay $269 for this.

Update:

I have a pre-trial court date set and I think I have a good chance to beating this ticket due to the conflicting information the Trooper gave me. I will talking to some lawyer friends and my sister who happens to be a Paralegal. This is my first brush with law, and I am kind of excited.

Labels: ,

Comments on "A Little Snow Must Fall"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 1, 2006 at 3:09:00 PM CST) : 

Good luck - let us know how it works out

 

You got something to add?