Thursday, November 16, 2006

Crashing

Before I went to Houston last week -- I can't believe a week has already passed -- I shutdown my computer. I usually never shutdown my computer but since I was going to be away for an extended period of time, I thought it would be best to turn it off. When I got back home I tried to boot up my computer but it wouldn't start.

I repeatedly turned it on and off ... nothing. I finally took the components out and reseated them in their proper place and the computer began working. Everything was fine until yesterday when high winds caused a power outage. I have 2 80 gigabyte SATA hard drives in a RAID 0 configuration. One hard drive is working fine and the other is beginning to fail. This worries me because I have a lot of data stored on these drives. First thing I will do is to use Norton Ghost to backup all my drives so I will not lose my data. Then I will need to leave the computer off until I get replacement hard drives.

CompUSA is have a Thanksgiving sale next week on Seagate 160GB SATA drives for $19.99. I think they are opening early so I will have to get there at least 1 hour before they open so I can get at least 3. Hopefully, I will be able to get these so I can get my computer back up and running.

Update to follow.

Labels:

Comments on "Crashing"

 

You got something to add?