Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Unknown Caller

I got a call yesterday on my cell from a local number I didn't recognize. I was awaiting a call regarding my car so I answered the phone.

The person addressed me by first name, but I had no idea who was on the other end. They told me their name but I was drawing a blank. Finally, I had to ask who the hell I was talking. Then it finally clicked.

I knew who the person was but I never actually talked to them on the phone. It was a friend of a friend who I went out to dinner and movie a couple weeks ago. He was asking if I was free for dinner, but I wasn't because I had too much to do at home (I haven't done laundry in weeks and need to with my trip to Houston on Thursday). We chatted for a bit and I before I hung up I ended in his information on my phone so if he ever called again I would know with who I am speaking.

This is why I don't usually pick up my phone when I don't recognize a number. Next time, the caller is going to voice mail.

Comments on "Unknown Caller"

 

You got something to add?