Thursday, August 31, 2006

Project Runway 3 - Episode 8

Episode 8 - High Flying Fashion

The week's challenge was to create an outfit for an international jet-setter. The twist: they are the international jet-setters.

Winner: Jeffrey, My Fav: Michael, Au Revoir'd: Angela

I think that Jeffrey was given this win because this outfit is not a good look. Granted, I know this is suppose to be for a "Rock Star" but I can't think of any rockers today that would wear this and not consider this a costume. Maybe Steven Tyler, but I think he has moved on.

Michael ... I love Michael. His design was the most innovative of the bunch and he looked good strutting down the runway. He totally should have won (again) but they had to give Jeffrey something to justify keeping him around. But I have the feeling he maybe gone tomorrow. This is not a spoiler, I am just wishing this happens [crossing fingers].

Angela ... poor, rosette-loving Angela. The girl just can't help herself. Let me get this straight; she doesn't know a what a jet-setter was but she knewCatherine Malandrino? Does she read fashion magazines? Or is Vogue and similar magazines even stocked at general store where she shops way out in the "country" (Ohio). She has potential, but she needs to refine her aesthetic.


Kayne ... as Kayne (read: over-the-top).


Uli ... was Uli with the use of patterns.


Laura looks great, baby-bump and all.


Vincent ... bless his heart. But it looks reasonable good for a person who never designed menswear before.

Next week: Don't know because TiVo #2 cut off the episode. Bad, #2! But I can't wait to see how things go in Paris. Maybe Jean-Paul Gaultier will make and appearance.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Project Runway 3 - Episode 8"

 

You got something to add?