Thursday, August 24, 2006

Project Runway 3 - Episode 7

Episode 7 - Everyday Woman

This week's challenge was to make an garment for a regular (read: not stick thin model) woman. The models are the family members of the designers and the designer will have to create a garment for them. The twist: they cannot choose their own family member.

Winner: Vincent, My Fav: Uli, Auf'd: Robert

I know you are just as shocked as I was when Vincent was announced the winner of this challenge. His dress isn't all that bad, but it certainly should not have won. I think Uli should have won because she followed the instructions of the challenge: design for your customer but do lose your design aesthetic. I felt she did both really well. Jeffrey, on the other hand, did not.

He still remains a douchebag throughout the show but for some reason he did not get "auf'd." If you can bring your client (Angela's mother) to tears and make them leave your station because you don't like them (IN FRONT OF HIS OWN MOTHER), and still not get cut ... then he is definitely making the final 3. Is this the Santino effect? I think if he mauled Heidi on the catwalk, he still won't get cut. I don't know. But the sooner he is off my screen, the better. By the way, if he was a recovering alcoholic/junkie ... should he really be drinking a Mimosa? I could have just been OJ, but I am just wondering.

No Jordan 3-peat for Michael.

Michael had the advantage in this task, mostly due to his win for the last challenge, because he got choose a person (Robert's sister) who had proportions close to model. His reversible shirt dress was great but I knew he wasn't going to win because: he had immunity and had one of the best people of the lot. Maybe next week, Michael.

Next Week: Angela is pissed that Jeffrey made her mom cry. And the designers have create a garment for a jet-setter.

Also: Congratulations to Laura on baby number 6!

Labels: ,

Comments on "Project Runway 3 - Episode 7"

 

You got something to add?