Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Houston Trip To-Dos

Tonight I will have to start packing for my Houston trip. I really hate this process because there is too much planning, and I am lazy.

So I've decided that for this trip I will compile a list of things I need in order to avoid leaving something crucial behind. The first thing on the list: TENNIS RACKETS!! I know it would be incredible stupid to forget something like this, but I have moment of stupidity.

For instance, yesterday I brought my backpack to work containing my clothes for tennis and I forgot to pack my shorts. Luckily there is a Sports Authority right across the street from my office and I was able to get a new pair. I needed to get a pair of blue tennis shorts anyway, so it all worked out. Also, I have a tendency to over-pack. I will pack like 10 pairs of underwear and 12 pairs of socks for a 3 day trip. Like my mom always said,

"You can never have too many pairs of socks and underwear."

Then I start to pack my "what if" clothing for events that most likely won't happen. Examples: what if I fall down in the mud?; what if I need to go to a rodeo?, etc ... So all those clothes will be added to the pile of socks and underwear. I am going to try to streamline my packing process and pack as light as possible.

Houston Itinerary

I am leaving Dallas along with 2 other cars tomorrow around 10am. We are going to try to remain as close as possible on the road and meet up for lunch in somewhere in the middle.

While in Houston I am tentatively planning on doing the following: binge at on Greek food at Niko Nikos, go to Lot 8 (the store owned by Project Runway 2 winner, Chloe Dao), go shopping at the Galleria Mall (conveniently connected to my hotel), see Shut Up & Sing, and ... oh yeah, win the tournament.

There are a group of Dallas people going so we will all be in touch and make plans other activities.

I am off to make my list. Should the first item on my list be 'make list'?

Comments on "Houston Trip To-Dos"

 

You got something to add?