Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Janet - With U

When I lost my blog yesterday I ended up losing a very long tirade on why 20 Y.O. failed to connected to audiences. Basically what it boiled down to was there was way too much Jermaine Dupri on the album. I think that the album should have been solely produced by Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis in a way that it would be a throwback to the Control album but updated. As a fan, 20 Y.O. is a good album, but it could have been so much better.

[source: Toya's World]

"With U" is one of my favorite tracks on the album and I have been playing it since I got my CD. This should have been the lead single instead of Call On Me. I would have had "Weekend" released as the first single but the idea was scrapped when all the fans tried to return this 'gift' for store credit. After listening to the album I see how it doesn't fit sonically.

"With U" is a perfect mix of JD and Jam & Lewis. It has the simple melody brought by JD with additional music and lush vocal production brought by Jam & Lewis. We will see if this single will connect more with an audience than the first two.

Cross your fingers.

Labels:

Comments on "Janet - With U"

 

You got something to add?