Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Movies: The Fountain, Stranger Than Fiction, Borat

Movies I saw during the Thanksgiving weekend, and I am finally getting a chance to post this.

The Fountain


I have been waiting to see this movie for a couple of years. Since Brad Pitt abandoned the project to the that [sarcasm]awesome[/sarcasm] movie Troy. I am going to even try to describe this movie because I am not even sure if I complete understand it. Go here for a synopsis of the film. I really enjoyed, and it is artsy and dark with a good performance by Hugh Jackman. It is worth checking out in the theater or on DVD.

Stranger Than Fiction


I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked this movie. I found the trailer very misleading because it only shows the comedic moments of the movie but it is much more than a comedy. I guess when your star is Will Ferrell, who is known for his comedy movies, then I guess is probably the best way to get people in the seats.

Borat


I saw this movie because I felt I had to. The people who saw said it was the funniest movies they have ever seen, and with the media wondering if it is "...the funniest movie every made" I had to check this out for myself. Yeah the movie had its laugh, but there was no substance here. There were people gasping for breath because they were laughing so hard but I was just confused. Not confused, as in I didn't know what was going one; more in the "why is everyone finding this movie so hilarious and I'm not" sort of way. I like crude humor, but I like GOOD crude humor. This documentary movie is way overrated.

...12 more days until Dreamgirls.

Labels:

Comments on "Movies: The Fountain, Stranger Than Fiction, Borat"

 

You got something to add?