Sunday, December 3, 2006

Weekend Wrap-up: Holiday Party

Saturday

Holiday Party Outfit 2006

I had a full menu of food to bring to the party, but I only ended up bring chicken salad finger sandwiches. I made an angel food cake that I overcooked because of my crappy stove. I tried to save it but I had to put it out of its misery. I made the dark chocolate syrup but without the cake it served no purpose. I thought I brought enough sandwiches but everyone loved them so much that they ended up getting disappearing.

There were awards passed out as well. I got an honorary award for being an officer and I got the Most Improved Player award. I wanted to win it since I learned about the award last year -- but I never though would win it. I think my win at a tournament this year clinched it for me. I couldn't muster a speech so I just said "thank you." I also did some fake crying to be funny. As the webmaster I previewed our new site which should be fully functional by January 2007.

The party was fun. I weird to see most of the tennis members in a group because during the season you only see a handful. We all had fun but, of course, there were some dramas. I didn't have any, but I did end up spending some time with Dr. Rx. I always find our conversation a bit weird because it seems like we are both trying to avoid the pink elephant in the room (our mutual attraction). He called me out of the blue while I was at Target getting some last minute supplies. We didn't meet up until late into the party but we managed to avoid all the pink elephants and just had some fun. When he was about the leave the party he motioned toward me for hug. We hugged and we said goodbye.

I think I am starting to move past my attraction to him and beginning on just being friends. He is a nice guy and I like having him around. There is a New Year Eve party schedule so we may see each other then, if not sooner.

Sunday
I got home around 1am and I ended up on the couch watching TV being falling asleep. I forgot to leave the heat on before I left the house so my apartment was a bit cold. I wrapped myself my GAP robe I got for $5 last year and headed to bed. Nestled in the warmth of the cotton fabric I slept until 9am.

For the rest of the day I just lounged on my couch and watch backlogged TiVo'd shows. I also watched Over the Hedge on DVD from Netflix. I was going to see it in the theater but didn't get a chance. It was really good. I have to watch Monster House sometime this week.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Weekend Wrap-up: Holiday Party"

 

Blogger Marius said ... (December 4, 2006 at 9:29:00 PM CST) : 

Congratulations! I thought about playing tennis the other day, but something stopped me. And that something is the fact that I hit the ball like a 10 year old girl. Take care.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 21, 2006 at 12:42:00 PM CST) : 

I think your site is cute. I like the random chats about your life. I think Dr. Rx seem interesting. Take care have a great holiday

 

You got something to add?