Saturday, December 16, 2006

Random: Chicken Noodle Soup

I just got finished watching SNL with Justin Timberlake as the host. I hate Justin the singer, but I don't mind Justin the actor as much. Anyway, there was a sketch where he was dressed as a girl was auditioning to be a elf for Macy's and Kenan Thompson played the mother. Kenan start saying "chicken noodle soup. chicken noodle soup. chicken noodle soup, with a soda on the side" and I laughed beacause:

a) Justin did a funny little dance
b) and chicken noodle soup seemed like a random thing to say

I did a search on YouTube and I found this:

Is this for real?

I know I am a bit out of touch since I don't listen to the radio or watch MTV/BET, but is this a hit song? If it is, this would be the reason why I no longer listen to the radio or watch MTV/BET.

Labels:

Comments on "Random: Chicken Noodle Soup"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 17, 2006 at 1:54:00 PM CST) : 

I don't think that this chicken noodle soup is what every Jewish Grandmother had in mind as a cure-all. The NewYorker of Justin Timberlake: If there is anyone in pop less comfortable singing the word "motherfucker", he hasn't made a record yet. Have a great weekend!

 

Blogger practical1 said ... (December 18, 2006 at 5:45:00 AM CST) : 

Chicken noodle soup has been circulating the airwaves for a hot minute. As far as I am concerned it is just a step backwards into pure coonery for blackfolk.

 

You got something to add?