Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Xmas 06

So after the movie yesterday (which I talk more about tomorrow) Dr. Rx invited me over to his house for dinner. His invitation was interesting because I've never been over to his house before. Ever. Mostly due to the fact that he was/is embarrassed about this house for whatever reason. It was also interesting because his mom was in town from Oklahoma for Christmas. He asked me over before the movie and I thought about before actually committing. I was against it because I am very shy uncomfortable around new people due in part because you have to talk about yourself.

I really hate talking myself, except on my blog, because I have a tendency to devalue the things I have done. I don't to be that guy who is all "I have done this, this, and that. I have this, this, and that" because it could come off as bragging. I try to limit my description to the basics and have people ask me questions to fill in the blanks. But I was hungry, so I decided to put personal mini-drama aside and enjoy some turkey. He text'd me his address with directions and I went home to get dressed. I told him I would arrive around 2pm. Even with the directions I managed to get lost. Luckily, I have Google Local installed on my phone because it found the house 3 minutes later.

It was around 3pm when I pulled in front of his house greeted by a be-wreathed door and a giant inflatable Snowman in the yard. Just before I could put the car in 'P' Rx was outside to greet me. Casually dressed in hues of brown, he welcomed me in where his four children were waiting to introduce themselves. No, he didn't sire any real children. His children are his dogs: a Basset Hound, a Rat Terrier, a Australian Shepard and a beautiful black Labrador Retriever. After the children approved of me I worked my way through the rest of the house. The house was pretty big and it is still a work in progress, but compare to the messes I make in my house his house was neat and orderly ... but messes are subjective.

I met the mom and she was very sweet. We talked during dinner and during watching the Cowboys-Eagles games. I learned a lot of information about Rx from his mom. I think mom's just naturally spill information about their children to guests, always to the child's horror. I am not sure how much the mom knew about me beforehand but she new some things about me. Interesting, or not? I am still not quite sure.

MommaRx turned in for the night and it was just me, Rx and his children on the couch watching The Tennis Channel. The Lab (who I am in love with, by the way) was sleeping next to me while the other three were nestled with Rx. Everything just felt nice and comfortable. I would periodically glance at him looking comfortable and happy, and I began swooning internally. Now I am starting to think that I made a mistake by going. I thought my crush was bad before but now after seeing him in his environment makes me like him more. Damn it!!

I had to leave because it was getting late, and I had to flee adorableness of him talking to his hound. I got up and he decided to take the dogs for a walk, so the six of us headed for the door. I was reaching for the door when he grabbed me and pull me toward him for a hug. I thanked him for inviting over and to tell his mom that it was lovely to meet her. I said goodbye while walking to my car and he reciprocated while corralling the children to a nearby field. As he disappeared in the darkness, I drove off trying to make it back home without getting lost.

We will definitely see each other New Year Eve at a party thrown by a friend, but I need to recover before own next meeting.

Labels:

Comments on "Xmas 06"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (December 27, 2006 at 9:33:00 AM CST) : 

U'LL DO JUST FIND. JUST B YOURSELF THAT SEEMS TO B WORKING.. ALL THAT EXTRA SHT JUST SENDS RED FLAGS. ENJOY THE PARTY AND MR. RX COMPANY! HAPPY NEW YEAR! YOUR INTERESTED READER

 

You got something to add?