Thursday, December 28, 2006

Gadgetry: Panasonic DVDS52S DVD Player


I have been using my Xbox as my main DVD player for the past 1.5 years, but I think the drive is failing due to overuse. After doing some research I decided to get the Panasonic DVDS52S player because it got good reviews from various reviewers.

The best thing about the player is that it up-converts to DVDs to 720p or 1080i resolution to near HD quality. My HDTV has a max resolution of 1080i using a HDMI cable, so I decided to take advantage of this feature. After configuring the player I decided to use Disney's Aladdin and Dreamworks' Shrek to test the video quality. The video quality is amazing. The video is so detailed it looks like the images are popping out toward you.

The player is currently priced under $100, and it has great video quality for such a low price. I will eventually move to a High Definition DVD player but I plan on waiting 3 or so years because of the competing HD-DVD and Blueray formats. One will eventually become the standard, ie.: VHS v. BETA, so I will wait until one dies off.

Labels:

Comments on "Gadgetry: Panasonic DVDS52S DVD Player"

 

You got something to add?