Friday, January 26, 2007

Australian Open 2007 - Women's Final

Edited:

WOOOHOOO!

Serena spanked Maria in the finals 6-1, 6-2. This was the best match I have seen Serena play, ever. Even in her prime she didn't dominate like this. I hope that she stays healthy, get more fit, and win at least one more Grand Slam this year. Her game is best suited for hard court so she can get far at the US Open. Wimbledon is also a possibility, but Venus' game is best suited for that surface.

CONGRATS SERENA!!!

--------------------
Tonight (or tomorrow because of the 14 hour time change) is the Australian Open Women's Final.


Serena Williams vs. Maria Sharapova (aka Shrieky McShouty)

Let me just say that I love Serena and Venus Williams. The Williams sisters made me enjoy tennis on television and real life. Even with all their health issues, I think are still the best players in the WTA.

Serena, who is clearly not as fit as she once was, is in the finals of a Grand Slam and could possibly pull off a major upset against Maria Sharapova.

This should be a great match. It is hard for me to watch Serena match because I have mini-panic attacks when she misses shots. But I will sit through the entire match live and not use my TiVo to fast-forward through coverage.

COME ON, SERENA!!

Labels:

Comments on "Australian Open 2007 - Women's Final"

 

You got something to add?