Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Tennis League Night: 2/6/07

Match Results: Loss 5-7, 7-5, 4-7(tiebreaker)

The opponent I was scheduled to play didn't show, but there a sub there to take his place. He was an older guy who is coming back from an injury. We warmed up and he insisted on hitting the ball, not to me, but cross court so I would I would have to run to retrieve them. This is a bit of a no-no because it doesn't allow your opponent to warm-up properly. The more he did it, the more annoyed I got.

We finally started play and it became clear that he was well above my level of play. When I asked him about he said that he usually plays 2 levels higher, and just subbed to practice. He was a good player but what killed me because he was a lefty. I don't play many lefties, so it was good to see how I will need to adjust my game.

The good: I only double faulted twice and I was able to use my slice backhand effectively.

The bad: The first serve wasn't as "on" as it was this past weekend.

The ugly
: Once again my forehand let me down because I am not getting in proper position to make my shot. I am not moving my feet and just forcing shots causing them to go long, or into the net. NEED. TO. HIT. MORE. BALLS!

Labels:

Comments on "Tennis League Night: 2/6/07"

 

You got something to add?