Monday, February 19, 2007

Bruised

I really hurt myself yesterday.

I was playing a set of doubles when a member of the opposing hit a drop shot. I was on the baseline, but I saw the shot coming so I sprinted toward the net. I was moving diagonally from right to left straight toward to a net post. I was going so fast, and I was so close to the ball that I didn't slow down. I got my racquet on the ball but I wasn't fast enough to get it over the net ... and then --- SMACK!!

I hit the post with my left shoulder and right arm. I immediately felt the pain on my inner right arm and my right thumb. I sprain my right thumb last year and it has been bothering me for months and I definitely re-injured myself. I shook it off and continued to play the match with a bloody thumb. We lost the game and I tended to my wound during the changeover. Rummaging through my bag for my first-aid kit only to find I was without bandages. Luckily, a friend of mine offered me a couple of bandages. I cleaned myself up and continued to play. It wasn't until today I felt the pain of my injuries.

My right thumb is a bit swollen, my inner right arm is black and blue, and my entire upper left arm is painful. When I woke up this morning, I couldn't figure out why my left side was so painful. I realized why I hurt so much when I was work when I was lifting a printer. Things could have been worst though. If I hit the pole 3 inches to the right, I would have impaled myself on a crank that tightens the net.

So I am counting my blessings.

I am on my couch healing for my tennis match tomorrow. Hopefully, I will be almost healed.

However, nothing hurt me more than that lame episode of Heroes.

... but more on that tomorrow.

Labels:

Comments on "Bruised"

 

You got something to add?