Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Planet Earth

This past Saturday I decided to do my part for Earth Day. To save energy I slept until noon, and spent the rest of the day on the couch watching the last 4 episodes of the 11 part series Planet Earth. Since I don't have the Discovery Channel -- damn you Charter Cable -- I downloaded all 11 episodes from the Interwebs. I watched parts 1 through 7 the week before so watched to finish.

During the Rain Forest episode, they showed different Birds of Paradise. Like this one:


I didn't look like a Bird of Paradise because lacked color and/or ornamentation ... until I saw this:


Freaky, huh? When courting a female forms this shape with its plumage and hops around slapping the ground with its rear feathers. It looks like one of those things from the Zoloft adverts.


Or the inverse of the "Dangerous Pills" from the 1983 Long Island Regional Poison Control Council PSA (source).


If I ever saw any of these things out on the street, I would definitely need to take some Zoloft.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Planet Earth"

 

Blogger Marius said ... (April 24, 2007 at 9:22:00 PM CDT) : 

Fortunately, I get the Discovery Channel, and I just love this program. In fact, I purchased it ($90 or so), which isn't a good thing because I shouldn't be spending money.

Anyway, about Rene, you're right; he's not really my type. I prefer masculine men, but the man is gorgeous. He's also a successful, which is very cool. And I love his fashion sense. Well, take care and I hope all is well in DFW.

 

You got something to add?