Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Going To The 2008 US Open?

i am contemplating whether or not i should go to the 2008 US Open. A group of my tennis mates are going and I was asked if I wanted to come along. I am tentative on going, mostly due to my fear of flying, but other than that I don't see why I shouldn't go.

Pros:
- Haven't been to NYC since 2001.
- It would be my first time at a Grand Slam tournament.
- I would be able see a couple of my friends who live in NYC.
- I would be able to see a Broadway show (Xanadu, In The Heights, Gypsy, Wicked, and/or Chicago).
- Get a chance to meet some of my favorite tennis players (Venus! Roger Federer!).
- I have vacation days I have to use or else I will lose them.

Cons:
- Flying.

Hmmmm ... I will decide at the end of the week because I need to buy my plane ticket.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Going To The 2008 US Open?"

 

Blogger Paul said ... (August 5, 2008 at 4:34:00 PM CDT) : 

Of course you should go! Next year, The French Open!

 

You got something to add?