Monday, August 11, 2008

Tennis Tournament - Dallas, TX (8/8 - 8/10)

First Match - Main Draw

Won: 6-3, 6-4

I played well, but my serve has been erratic the past week or so. Luckily my forehand and backhand were more consistent and I was able to pull out the win.

Second Match - Main Draw

Won - Opponent withdrew due to injury

Third Match - Main Draw

Lost
: 0-6, 4-6

I was not in this match mentally. The guy I played used the "server and volley" technique on every single point and I rarely play people who do this. I was unprepared. The first set I was just trying to figure out how to play him and I was annoyed that he took way too long in between points. The second set tried different tactics and I was able to stay in the game. I was serving at 4-5 and my serve let me down and I was broken.

I played well, but there is still room for improvement. My next tournaments won't be until September so I will be working on serve and taking a couple of tennis drills to help improve. My fitness has been great and I was not affect by the heat, which is good.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Tennis Tournament - Dallas, TX (8/8 - 8/10)"

 

You got something to add?