Monday, July 9, 2007

Wimbledon 2007: The Champions

Congratulations, Miss Venus Williams, on your fourth Wimbledon title!


I just take great pleasure that she won Wimbledon this year because it will hopefully boost her confidence, and amongst my friends, I was the only person who picked her to win. Most picked either Justine Henin or Serena Williams to win, but after I saw Venus play at the French Open I knew she could win Wimbledon. She has to body meant for grass. She is tall, long-limbed, athletic and has so much power on her ground strokes.


She has that same joy from when she won two years ago.


Congrats again on the win ... and for landing your new boyfriend Hank Kuehne. Well done. Hope to see you around Dallas sometime.

And I saved the best for last ...


... Roger Federer.

It was a scary match but he pulled it together during the 5th set to win he 5th straight Wimbledon title, which tied the record held by Bjorn Borg. I could gush all day about this man but I will just post a few pictures.

With my favorite umpire, Carlos Ramos of Portugal.

Bonus Hotness



[photo sources: Tennis Week, Tennis Magazine, AP, Yahoo! Sports]

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "Wimbledon 2007: The Champions"

 

You got something to add?